If you subscribe to the newsletter you’ll be kept up to date with progress with a regular, but not too frequent, bulletin. Here’s April’s…
Hello and Thank You!
We just wanted to show our gratitude for getting on board early and let you know what we’re doing here at The Jack Leslie Campaign. Here’s the key stuff…
- It’s a very difficult time, so we totally understand if you can’t donate right now. But if you can, it will really help us reach our target and get Jack’s statue built…TO DONATE CLICK HERE.
- We’ll need to raise at least £100,000. Yes, it’s a big number but we know it is possible as many other statue campaigns show and are confident that with your help we can do it.
- Our campaign will be officially launched on Crowdfunder at an appropriate time when football returns.
- Please do VISIT THE WEBSITE for updated information on the campaign, the team, key supporters and donation information.
What have we been up to?
- Spoken to Jack’s three granddaughters Lyn, Lesley and Gillian who are brilliant and totally behind the effort. They paint a wonderful picture of their granddad who was not only a fantastic footballer but a wonderful man. It has inspired us further to ensure that a fitting memorial is created.
- Secured key support from individuals and organisations.
- Won a place on Crowdfunder’s Big Impact Programme, which will give us help and support to reach our target.
- Met (prior to the lockdown!) and spoken to several politicians who will assist in making this happen.
How else can you help?
- We already have an impressive list of high profile supporters but are keen to attract more – do you know anyone that we might approach for potential support? Please put us in touch!
- We are keen to expand our network and committee. We need people with time and energy, particularly with skills in marketing, promotion, fundraising, social media campaigns, football, diversity or anti-racism campaign. Interested in helping out? Please let us know!
This weekend members of Jack’s family were due to visit Home Park as VIP guests in the new boardroom. We were planning to attend and launch our plan to raise funds for a statue. Obviously we are all gutted this is not happening now but are proud of Argyle’s efforts to support the community and the NHS during this crisis.
We hope this visit will happen in the autumn and will be our springboard to launch our official Crowdfunder campaign.
We really appreciate your time and support. Please donate if you can and spread the word – ask your friends and family to sign up and join us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Jack Leslie Campaign Team